Jefferson City Library Events for the Month of April
The Jefferson City Public Library (JCPL) offers the following events in the month of April:
· EVERY DAY at 5:30 pm (except for the 8th and 14th) – Science 365 – Every day we will offer a scientific experiment. The first 10 children will be able to participate.
· Tuesdays, April 11th and 25th at 4:30 pm – Dia del Niño y del Libro – This bilingual program is for Spanish AND English speakers and learners. At this story time, geared for children who enjoy picture books and/or interested in building on language skills, books will be shared in both Spanish and English.
· Wednesdays, April 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th at 10:30 am – Ready, Set…Read, Play, Learn – This program is based on the Every Child Ready to Read Initiative and the TN Early Learning Developmental Standards. It is designed to prepare children for school and inform parents and caregivers on the importance of their roles in developing strong literacy skills.
· Thursdays, April 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th at 10 am Listening & Learning Babies – This is an early literacy-based program geared towards babies and toddlers. It is a great way for caregivers to share songs, rhymes, books, laughter and fun with their children.
· Thursday, April 20th at 4:30 pm – Community Builders Story Time – Community Builders combines a story time with LEGOs. Children will have the opportunity to meet & interact with local community builders while developing reading confidence, color & shape recognition, and patterns through play. This story time is geared for children kindergarten to sixth grade.
· Saturday, April 1st and 15th at 3:00 pm – Ruff Reading – Children will have 15 minutes to read to Miley, our reading pup.
TWEENS & TEENS
· Saturdays, April 1st 5 pm – TEEN Book Club
· Tuesday, April 25th 5:30 pm – LEGO Summer Camp Introduction – Have you ever thought about being an engineer or an architect? Perhaps you love to build or program? Come visit a LEGO® hands-on workshop to see if you are interested in taking a complete summer camp in robotics or architecture at Kids U, University of Tennessee. Grades 3rd-9th (rising). Registration is required and space is limited.
· Tuesday, April 4th at 5 pm – La Leche Mothers Support Group Meeting First Tuesday of every month.
· Tuesdays, April 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th at 9 am and Thursdays, April 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th at 9am – Tennessee College of Applied Technology of Knoxville Adult Education.
· Tuesday, April 4th at 7:00 pm – Money Matters by Keisha Gillis
Wednesdays, April 12th, and 26th at 6:45 pm – Touched by Angels – Meditation ran by Dale Epley.
· Thursday, April 13th at 5 pm Sustainable Living Series – Growing and using herbs! Melody Rose, a UT Extension Agent will be discussing with attendees how to grow and maintain herbs in the home garden. Growing herbs is great but what do you do with them once you grow them? This program will help you understand the uses of the herbs in your garden and around your homestead.
Tuesdays, April 18th and 25th at 10 am – Intermediate Genealogy – REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Please call Ann Blomquist to register at 865-397-3738.
Saturday, April 29th at 2:30 pm – Daily Blessed with Essential Oils
General Information / Closures:
We are now on Twitter & YouTube. Check us out.
· Jefferson City Public Library will have AMENDED HOURS – April 8th – 9 am to 2 pm to be part of the Jefferson County Volunteer Summit and the Jefferson City Fire Departments Home Solutions Safety Expo.
· Jefferson City Public Library will be closed: Good Friday, April 14th.
If you have any programming that you would like to see offered at your Jefferson City Public Library, please give us a call! 865-475-9094.