Free Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship Workshop
Learn How to Create an Online Shop for your Craft Products!
Do you already make custom jewelry, decorative home items, or other handmade products for sale or
gift giving? If so, this course will teach you how to start an online shop for your unique line of
In partnership with Etsy, a leader in e-commerce for creative entrepreneurs, Knoxville Entrepreneur
Center is offering free classes to help craft makers like you establish an online business to sell your
products to a wider market and earn extra income.
Craft Entrepreneurship classes are taught by successful online craft sellers who coach and support
participants through every aspect of setting up their online shops. Using Etsy as a learning lab, teachers
share best practices on topics that impact new sellers most, including time management, branding,
pricing, shipping, and photography, to help them earn supplemental income through their craft
business. To minimize startup costs, students will be given the opportunity to list 20 items for sale for
free on etsy.com. This program is designed for creative makers from underserved communities.
● Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell, and an idea for a related line of products.
● Commit to attending 4 weeknight classes and 1 Saturday class (about 12 hours total)
● Reside in the Lakeway area
● Have never made any sales* on Etsy.com
● Have a credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
● Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection
*It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.
WHERE: Skymart Venture Place, 144 W. Main St, Morristown TN (2nd Level on the SkyMart) 37816
Wednesday, May 3rd, 6:30-8:30 pm
Wednesday, May 10th, 6:30-8:30 pm
Wednesday, May 17th, 6:30-8:30 pm
Saturday, May 20th, 1-5 pm
Wednesday, May 24th, 6:30-8:30 pm
APPLICATIONS: Please contact Stephen Jenkins at Stephen@knoxec.net