Requesting Schools for My Children

Asked AnsweredI am considering purchasing a home in Jefferson County. I have small children and would like to be able to choose where they attend school. Where we currently reside, parents can request a particular school, as long as they provide transportation. Is that the case in Jefferson County?

Generally speaking, students are zoned for a school by their residence. If you are interested in a certain school, the best suggestion would be to confer with the Department of Education, as zoning sometimes changes. They can be reached at 865-397-3194.